Allethrin, Cypermethrin, Deltamethrin, Per-methrin etc.
Absorbed comparatively rapidly through mouth, less through skin and respiration.
It is less toxic in human being due to low absorption, rapid metabolisation and quick excretion.
Signs and symptoms – Increased salivation, vomiting, diarrhoea, muscular incoordination, tremor, convulsion. Contact with skin causes, itchich, burning sensation, tingling and numbness, which aggravate on exposure to sun or application of water. Locally causes irritation of eye.
1. Preventive – use of gloves and body covered with clothes during use.
2. For eye contamination washing the eye with plenty of water.
3. When ingested – Stomach wash with activated charcoal.
4. Saline purgative.
5. Atropine in usual dose to prevent secretion.
6. Sedatives if convulsion or tremor is present.
M.L.I. – Poisoning is accidental mostly.